There's usually enough in a print fabric remnant to make a couple of aplique shirts. Go rummage through your local fabric store's remnants and you'll be surprised what you find.
1. enough fabric to make a giant cross on your shirt.
2. no-sew (fabric bonding)
3. sewing machine & knowledge of basic sewing
4. matching thread
5. no fray (if the fabric you choose frays)
6. pins (if you don't use the no-sew)
7. a shirt to do this on
1. if you want an even cross, fold your fabric in half, draw, and cut out your cross shape. or w/e shape you wish.
2. iron on the no-sew bonding to the aplique
3. put the no-fray on the fabric if it frays
4. place it on the shirt where you'd like it.
5. iron it.
6. for extra hold, either do a zig-zag stitch or a straight stitch around the applique.
7. if you want the fringe look, cut the shirt as so!